WELCOME TO TANDEZ ACADEMYJEET KUNE DO - KALI - ESCRIMA - FILIPINO MARTIAL ARTS - WING CHUN KUNG FU - SILAT - MUAY THAI - BJJ
For over 12 years, our mission has been to help people succeed through our Jeet Kune Do JKD, Kali - Escrima - Filipino Martial Arts, Silat, and Muay Thai programs. We teach self-defense for Mountain View, Los Altos, Sunnyvale, Los Altos Hills, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Stanford, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Campbell, Milpitas, Newark, Redwood City, San Jose, and San Francisco communities. What makes us the BEST school in the Bay Area? 1. We focus on STREET SELF-DEFENSE. That is our number one specialty 2. We use PROGRESSIVE RESISTANCE (the level of training difficulty and resistance increases) 3. We train like DEDICATED ATHLETES IN THE MARTIAL ARTS 4. We HAVE FUN! We offer Group Classes, Private Lessons, and
Seminars. Our adult, co-ed group classes are for ages 13 years & over. We offer ranking & certification in:
1. JEET KUNE DO (JKD): The most complete self-defense system ever developed, JKD was created by Bruce Lee. JKD trains you to win & survive a real fight by using "cheating" tactics & pressure. This is made for a smaller person to beat a bigger, stronger attacker.
3. KALI ESCRIMA (FILIPINO MARTIAL ARTS): The most advanced weapon system in the world, Kali has 12 areas of weapons combat. Kali trains you in how to use weapons for defense, as well as protect yourself from them. It's famous for Knife fighting & Stick fighting.
2. WING CHUN KUNG FU: Traditional Chinese art that emphasizes close-quarters combat, fast short-range punches, trapping hands, Mook Jong (Wooden Dummy) training & sensitivity. Ip Man taught it to Bruce Lee, who used to survive in the streets.
4. MAPHILINDO SILAT: An exotic & unusual martial art from Southeast Asia, Silat is famous for its takedowns, throws, trips, & sweeps. Silat fights from standing up, kneeling, & on the ground. Silat uses the Karambit & the Sarong.
5. MUAY THAI: Known as the "Science of the Eight Limbs," Muay Thai is the national sport of Thailand. Our Muay Thai classes train kicks, punches, elbows, and knees. Our classes build your cardiovascular fitness, stamina, and power. We train using equipment such as heavy bag, Thai pads, focus mitts. We practice sparring and partner drills in every class.
6. JKD JIU JITSU FOR KIDS: For kids ages 7 - 12. Students learn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Students learn practical self-defense as well as tradition, respect, discipline, & focus. Students wear the traditional Brazilian Jiu Jitsu kimono/gi and belt. Traditional belt ranking (white belt to black belt) is included.
We are a certified & accredited educational organization: We
are the official Bay Area Representative of Guro Dan Inosanto & the Inosanto Academy. SiFu Adrian Tandez, Founder, President & Head Instructor of the Tandez Academy, is a member of
International Martial Arts Instructors Association and the Francis Fong Instructors Association.