Master Adrian Tandez
Master Tandez is the founder, president, and head instructor of the world-renowned martial arts school, the Tandez Academy. He founded the Academy in 2005 in San Carlos, California, and later relocated it to Mountain View, California where it sits presently. He has been a martial artist almost all of his life, with over twenty years of training and experience in the martial arts.
He is a 3rd Generation JKD master under the Bruce Lee lineage:
Bruce Lee > Dan Inosanto > Adrian Tandez
He holds instructor ranking under Guro Dan Inosanto in the following systems:
- Lee Jun Fan Gung Fu / Jeet Kune Do Concepts
- Filipino Martial Arts - Kali / Eskrima / Kuntaw / Silat
- Maphilindo Silat / Majapahit Arts
- Jeet Kune Do Concepts
- Filipino Martial Arts
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) - Certified Personal Trainer
- 24 Hour Fitness - Certified Personal Trainer
- SiFu Ron Balicki - Jun Fan, Kali, Silat, Shooto
- SiFu Francis Fong - Wing Chun
- Ajarn Chai Sirusute - Muay Thai/Thai Boxing
- Jean-Jacques Machado - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Grandmaster Crispulo Atillo - Atillo Balintawak Eskrima
Master Tandez holds a Masters Degree in Education/English from the University of Phoenix. He also holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Acting/Theatre from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
He gives thanks to Almighty God and Jesus Christ for all the success and blessings in his life, without whom none of these would be possible. He has
dedicated the Tandez Academy to God, who continues to guide him on the right path. He believes that faith is key to success. Secondly, he gives thanks and appreciation to his beloved family: his wonderful wife and son. They both inspire him to greatness and remind him to never give up.