SELF DEFENSE FOR WOMEN
The Self Defense for Women Program is an 8 week training course that will teach the fundamentals of street self-defense, awareness, and survival, but customized for women's unique concerns and challenges. We acknowledge that there is typically a size and strength difference between men and women (not always, but it is more common to find this in the world today). Therefore a woman's strategy and tactics in combat must be different than a man's.
Our course will teach you the Tandez Self-Defense Principles:
1. Never meet force with force - go with his force, then use it against him. This means no blocking punches or kicks. Instead learn evasiveness, agility, footwork, and timing.
2. Attack the attacker - hit hard, hit fast and hit first! Learn the stop-hit & stop-kick.
3. Attack the weak spots - attack the eyes, throat, groin and knees. Learn to make him stop, by incapacitating his soft targets with fast hand and foot strikes.
4. Economy of motion - No flashy or fancy movements here. Be economical and efficient with your motions. Don't waste energy or time. Get to the point and finish.
5. Relax and explode - stay calm, confident and relaxed, in the midst of danger. Then at the right moment, explode into your opponent. Then relax again. This creates force.
6. Speed wins - if you have speed, against a stronger opponent, you can hit him at will, and he won't be able to touch you. Learn to develop key reaction and movement speed.
7. Adapt to any situation - the fight may evolve from stand-up to ground, but you must learn to adapt to all changes in situation. Learn to expect the unexpected. And win.
8. Assume weapons are always involved - even if you don't see them. Learn to disarm various weapons you might encounter, such as knives, guns, or impact weapons.
9. Assume there is more than one - even if you don't see them. Be prepared for more than one attacker. Don't panic. Learn how to defeat multiple attackers and escape.
10. Reflexes are more important than techniques - fast reflexes will allow you to implement techniques against your opponent. Learn drills to improve your reflexes.
8 Week Course: Subject Area Schedule
Week 1: Basics 1
Street Smarts & Awareness/Distancing/Fight Stance/Footwork
Week 2: Basics 2
Hand Strikes/Foot Strikes/Interception/Transition Between Ranges
Week 3: Combinations 1
Boxing/Evasions/Defense & Covers/Drills
Week 4: Wing Chun 1
Cover & Hit/4 Entries/Trapping/Battle Punches
Week 5: Ground Defense
Mount/Open Guard/Closed Guard/Technical Get Up
Week 6: Impact Weapons
Single Stick/Double Sticks Basics/Multiple Attackers
Week 7: Bladed Weapons
Single Knife Basics/Disarms/Multiple Attackers
Week 8: Gun Defense
Gun Disarms/Multiple Attackers